GAHESD aims to:
- Fight poverty in all these forms.
- Promote the development of parks, public spaces and green alleys in municipalities and disadvantaged areas.
- Provide professional training in health, environment, geographic and spatial information systems to managers in rural and urban municipalities.
- Promote the use of geographic and spatial information systems in municipal and government management in developing countries.
- Encourage African governments to embark on smart and digital cities (Smart City) to give citizens a better quality of life and economic prosperity.
- Promote the recycling of neglected electronic products near sidewalks and waterways.
- Sensitize the population to sanitation, environmental protection and eco-tourism.